Steve’s Survey Script
Current version: 0.1b – 2/20/2000
Platforms tested on:
Windows NT 4.0 SP6a / IIS3 / ActiveState Perl 5.005_03 for Win32
Windows NT 4.0 SP6a / IIS4 / ActiveState Perl 5.005_03 for Win32
Various flavors of Linux/Apache
This script allows you to run your own surveys, with tabulated results. Simplified installation (it should run ‘out of the box’ on NT) makes this script perfect for everyone, from the novice wanting to add interactivity to their web site, to the professional, who wants a quick and easy survey solution without having to write it themselves.
- Yes/No/Undecided answers with comments!
- Unlimited surveys (as many files as you can have in a directory)
- Allow public users to view results of closed surveys
- Anti-hammer mechanisms to help prevent people from answering multiple times
- Simple installation – upload and go! The script creates any necessary directories or files.
- Filter expletives (or any other string) from comments
- Centralized configuration settings
- Password protected administration utility (somewhat underdeveloped in this version)
Development on this script has ended. There will be no further releases.
This script is written for Perl5 for Win32 from ActiveState, and is released under the GNU General Public License.